jedcstuff

2012-05-31

Decisions affected by cultural orientations

The current article in Science News "Depolarizing climate science" http://www.sciencenews.org/view/generic/id/341082/title/Depolarizing_climate_science has provided me with a feeling of understanding for what has seemed to me to be responses that are not appropriate to the situation.

Before that, I was stuck in the thought that people just like to take sides, so that games can happen, like football games that the enthusiasts can get all excited about who is winning.

But this article approaches the basic phenomena quite differently, and in a way that is more satisfying to me.

It of course applies to my already twenty-three year long struggle to get my "KESTS to GEO and Applications" project going, which could have solved huge amounts of problems including some already upon the world, and no end in sight.

The article points out that "... how people interpret facts can be colored by cultural orientations...."

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home