jedcstuff

2009-07-05

More on the subject of Independence Day

The subject of Independence Day 4th of July has been of interest lately, and a new acquaintance who seems more thoughtful than many people, has been focusing on aspects of national defense. A string of email conversation is ongoing, and my most recent contribution seemed worthy of being put in my blog here. So here it is:

Sleep deprivation seems to not be just used for torturing captives to get them to talk, but is increasingly happening among American citizenry, and causes are not clear. Sleep deprived people are unable to cope well with new events, and thus more easily programmed to accept repeated statements, being unable to evaluate it themselves anymore due to the sleep deprivation preventing the brain from clearing out the old stuff in sleep so new stuff can be processed in real time. Probably a group of causes, not always the same for all people. Some are probably accidental, like upsetting the circadian rhythm by watching too much TV late at night. But others are chemical, nutritional. And more worrisome are indications that some causes are electronic and not all are accidental. Yet there seems to have been some deliberate effort to make that happen, possibly - but not for sure - caused by simple business trickery along with a concurrent PR program, when the nutritional supplement called L-Tryptophan (a critically important nutrition for humans, which is increasingly difficult to get in proper ratio in the modern diet without supplementation), which had been in widespread public use for a couple of decades and was giving fine sleep enabling, without use of prescription sleep drugs that provided only unconsciousness. So a batch of cleverly poisoned L-Tryptophan was sent here and people started dying; the FDA jumped on it and claimed it was L-Tryptophan that was causing all the deaths; and banning the sale did stop the deaths, apparently proving their assertion (since it also stopped use of the poison in the batch.) The FDA did not notice that the supplement had been use for some 20 years with no sickness or deaths prior to that, a finding that ought to have been clear to any honest evaluation. But the pharmaceutical business folks had been pressuring the FDA to block L-Tryptophan sale so as to force sale of their inferior sleep potions, and the batch of poisoned L-Tryptophan gave them that excuse, and they eagerly grabbed it and enforced it... all of which seems against the needs of American people, and thus possibly a form of an attack on the American people from within. The "electronic" forms of sleep disruption are more obscure. Over a decade ago, I had stumbled into some lectures by several people who had been instrumental in discovering one such phenomenon, which was traced to signals coming from the then soviet union, some we called "woodpecker" due to its pecking sound when heard in receivers; and the race was on for us to develop our own version of the weapon. Who and why it would be used for now, is another question. Sneaky tools for disrupting and controlling other people seems to be a fascination by some types of people, perhaps classifiable as "bullies" in general.

Yes, some are more concerned with national defense and others concerned with the space program. Vast numbers of things to be focused upon that at the moment seem top priority to different people; it is a big complex interrelated world, ever changing too. My early years as a child becoming aware of what was happening was concurrent with WWII, it was all about national defense by conducting warfare abroad; and was my only frame of reference as to what was important in the world. As peace and more wars later happened, this was added onto my impression as to what was important in the world. Eventually I grew to consider that more important than who was beating up on whom, who was stronger and more clever, were other underlying factors, such as resources and in particular energy became clear that it was key to civilization. And new energy sources seemed to be possible by nuclear research; and/or by space research, since the vast solar energy was available in the space not that far overhead, 24 hours a day, continuously and in volumes far beyond what civilization needs.

I had been interested in space from my earliest memories. I made model Buck Rogers type spaceships out of modeling clay as a small boy, and when at age 9 given an X-Acto woodcarving knife set and some balsa wood, glue and paint, from then on I made my spaceships out of balsa wood. Some of them I still have. I was a bookworm that easily did my schoolwork, uncaring about grades, I just craved knowledge and especially about the sciences. My initial effort at college was to work my way thorough by working at White Sands Missile Range helping test guided missiles; my college major was physics. I quickly got interested in electronics, then a part of physics, and it bent my subsequent career into that. But my prior genius quickly ended early in college, due to no support system, and having to mostly eat white bread to save money and not knowing that its wheat gluten was highly toxic to me; I developed severe Tinnitus that made it very hard to understand what was being said in class lectures and endlessly distracting when trying to do homework. I finally dropped out, after briefly shifting my major to psychology, trying to figure out what was going on; the only set of courses I finished was that of Army ROTC, which I finished the mandatory 2 years. Life was quite a struggle, built upon traumas collected more traumas occasionally. Yet I retained my Asperger focus on space travel, all aspects of it. Not all my early genius was destroyed, and in time I was able to determine possible ways to use space to help civilization in a big way; these focused on several needs: the need for cheap, CO2-free and widely distributed continuous electrical power; the need to be able to economically fully process the toxic materials generated by civilization back into fully usable materials again; room to build homes for lots of people which would not disrupt the earth's ecosystem; and ways to reach out economically for the vast materials resources existing in space while also bringing life to the moons and planets which have no life now. This all needed to be economically accomplished by means beyond that of conventional rocketry, and I felt I had found several promising promising electrically powered mechanisms for providing the transportation - through kinetically supported structure space escalators up as high as GEO; but GEO is an excellent place in which to build a huge infrastructure, such as the long-proposed Satellite Solar Power Plants. Despite my fear of public speaking - and lack of academically accepted credentials - I prepared and presented my concepts to space technical conferences; at first I was just laughed away, but eventually the response was just a sullen acceptance despite what I was showing was not in their current business plans; my concepts finally began to appear as peer reviewed technical papers published in conference proceedings nine years ago. Yet I found their focus was all about making money, not about enabling health and thriving to America and the world; my concepts were buried by the powerful, waiting for me to be disposed of so they could take full control of the concepts for their less noble purposes afterward in their own time. Fairly recently I took up the writing of my concepts in the form of science fiction adventures, and so that is what my books are about, and there is some interest in looking at them where I have offered them freely, but not to buy the paperback ones - such as my sci fi novel "Building Up" by J. E. D. Cline - which Amazon oddly has been hiding - I wonder why. So that is where it is at today; I support the "green" efforts of solar and wind power, all the non-space ways, since that is all the current business-driven system will look at since that is how they can make money quickly with little risk. But that is ignoring the concepts I had proposed, which would potentially be able to stop the need for use of oil and coal for energy purposes, starting a dozen years from when an all-out effort was begun. But a huge number of powerful vested interests, clearly caring about nothing except their own wealth and power, are suppressing the process; and are supported by preservation of lots of well-paid professional egos, easily wiping me out - especially considering my Asperger social confusion and verbal incompetence.

So you may see where my space program focus is seen to protect America and bring thriving to her as well as to the whole world, with no need to be invading anybody anymore unless merely acting out old traumas which involve fantasies about opponents who all play the same kind of game, just different labels on themselves; a sad fate for humans who could have done so much better.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home